The map above is that of Italy. The logos represent companies, businesses, and brands that are proudly Italian. Their location on the map represents which Italian region they originated.
Notably, the fashion industry dominates Italian culture. Here are some of the country’s prominent fashion brands:
- Dolce & Gabbana
- Giorgio Armani
- Salvatore Ferragamo
Gucci is the top Italian brand, according to a 2019 list of the most valuable Italian brands compiled by marketing companies WPP and Kantar (collectively BrandZ). The luxury fashion line is valued at over US$24 million, which is reportedly a 50% increase in valuation from the previous market year.
Italy is also the home of major car brands and automobile parts, including:
- Alfa Romeo
Ferrari was once the leading Italian company. In 2011, it had a market value of over US$5 million; it has since been overtaken by other businesses and is now the fifth-most valuable Italian brand, according to the same BrandZ 2019 survey.
Some of the other well-known Italian trademarks shown on the map are the following:
- Loacker, a food company known for its wafer snacks
- Illy, a coffee brand
- Ferrero, known for its chocolate products
- Alitalia, the country’s flag carrier airline
- TIM (Telecom Italia), the country’s top telecommunications provider
- DeLonghi, a brand of home appliances
- Coop, a supermarket chain operator
- Sisal, a gaming and betting company
At least once in our lives, we probably are aware of or even own an Italian-made product. Truly enough, BrandZ says the so-called ‘Brand Italy’ has a “strong marketing presence” where the top Italian companies continue to introduce themselves in more parts of the world. In addition, some of the brands’ “heritage, authenticity and associated lifestyle” are also the reasons why they become attractive to their target audience.
These books below provide a sneak peek of some of the well-known pride of Italy:
- Iconic: The Masters of Italian Fashion
- Aroma of the World: A Journey into the Mysteries and Delights of Coffee
- The Ferrari Book: Passion for Design
- Best in Show: Italian Car Masterpieces from the Lopresto Collection
- Lamborghini Supercars 50 Years: From the Groundbreaking Miura to Today’s Hypercars
Help us out by sharing this map: