This world map depicts the state of the global video gaming market in 2019, based on a report published by Newzoo.
In that year, the United States and China made up half of the world’s gaming industry revenue. The U.S. leads as the country with the most earning at US$36.9 million. China comes in second with US$400,000 less than America’s gaming profits.
The other major markets of video gaming include the remainder of Asia Pacific and Western Europe, the former making up about a quarter of the global gaming stock.
Worldwide, the total revenue in video gaming amounted to US$137.9 million.
These books explore this pastime-turned-booming industry that is video games:
- One Up: Creativity, Competition, and the Global Business of Video Games
- The Video Games Textbook: History • Business • Technology
- Inside the Video Game Industry: Game Developers Talk About the Business of Play
- Press Reset: Ruin and Recovery in the Video Game Industry
- The Book of Esports: The Definitive Guide to Competitive Video Games
Help us out by sharing this map: