This is a map of Belgium and its divisions.
The Western European country is divided into three major regions.
- The northern area is the Flanders (Flemish) region.
- The southern area is the Walloon (Wallonia) region.
- In the middle of the Flemish region sits the Brussels capital region.
In terms of communities, Belgium is also distributed accordingly.
- The population of the Flanders region mostly speaks Dutch.
- Most of the Walloon region use French as their mother tongue.
- The eastern part of the Walloon region speaks German.
- The capital region is bilingual, as they recognize both Dutch and French.
You may also be interested in:
- Lonely Planet Belgium & Luxembourg (Multi Country Guide)
- Northern Belgium: Flanders with Brussels, Bruges, Ghent and Antwerp
- The Taste of Belgium
- Living with Art in Belgium
Help us out by sharing this map: