This is a map of Indonesia showcasing its land features. It is shaded according to the Southeast Asian country’s bicolor flag: the high areas in red and lowlands in white.
Indonesia consists of thousands of islands, big and small, and is the largest archipelago in the world, according to the country’s embassy in Washington, D.C. The nation’s total land area is 1,919,443 square kilometers (742,308 square miles).
The country’s highest point is Mount Puncak Jaya in West Papua. It stands at 16,024 feet (4,884 meters), according to ThoughtCo’s profile of the country.
Explore the many wonders of Indonesia by browsing these reads:
- Journey Through Indonesia: An Unforgettable Journey from Sumatra to Papua
- Lonely Planet Bali, Lombok & Nusa Tenggara (Regional Guide)
- A Geek in Indonesia: Discover the Land of Komodo Dragons, Balinese Healers and Dangdut Music
- Indonesian for Beginners: Learning Conversational Indonesian
- Diving & Snorkeling Guide to Raja Ampat & Northeast Indonesia
Help us out by sharing this map: